1. This clinic may use the computerised systems and databases of other Practices for the purposes of recording you & your pet’s clinical & financial information, the aim being to attempt to provide better protection for your pet in times of other Veterinary need through the sharing of information. Your registration and use of this clinic will only be completed through your agreement that this is acceptable by your signature below.
2. Fees, diets & drug charges are subject to VAT at the current rates.. All charges not shown can be provided upon request. Prices are correct at time of publication but may change as drug prices alter.
3. Fee levels are determined by the time spent on a case and according to the drugs, materials, consumables and diets used. Increments of time form the basis of our fee structure, appointments are based and allowed at approximately ten minutes depending upon species type, consultation type & procedure. The incremental time basis is set at one rate from the opening hours shown on our website, times outside of this are set at a higher Out Of Hours rate (OOH). This higher rate may also apply to any urgent consultation that is requested during our normal hours of opening but is outside of our consultation hours.
4. We will happily provide an estimate as to the probable costs of a course of treatment. Please bear in mind that any estimate given can only be approximate - often a pet’s illness will not follow a conventional course. It is our aim to inform the client at various stages as to the account that is being accrued and the likely estimate of any further required treatment or options of treatment. This does not in itself mean that we bear responsibility for the client’s full knowledge of costs as Veterinary treatment may be required whereby the owner cannot be contacted. A fee list is available upon request.
5. Missed appointments/operations/procedures may incur a fee.
6. Veterinary medicine is private and requires settlement at the end of the consultation or after each transaction, which can be deemed as the transfer of fees, treatment, goods or services. If a patient is admitted for any form of day or overnight treatment/surgery payment is due either at discharge of patient, or at the end of a period of treatment or conclusion of investigation. All prescriptions are to be settled at time of collection. The practice accepts either cash, cheques, credit/debit cards or advance payment
7. Fees for vaccinations and routine work do not warrant any form of special financial arrangement. However for emergency or general non routine work in a genuine case of financial difficulty prior indicated to the practice we may reserve the right to offer payment terms that are not immediate and therefore assist in the payment of Veterinary fees over a period of time not exceeding three months. This however must be agreed prior to the treatment required and adhered to by the client. If for any reason you have difficulty in settling your account you are directed to discuss the matter immediately with the Practice. All special arrangements may only be sanctioned by the Practice. All goods & services remain the property of the Practice until paid for in full. If payment terms are not met then currently ordered or future prescriptions/goods or services will be withdrawn until the account is settled. Special arrangements can only be settled by a credit/debit card.
8. Any outstanding fees will automatically be sent an invoice within two working days of original work. If an invoice/statement is sent an accounting fee may be added which will have accrued from the date of the original fee/treatment charge and the account will be required to be settled within 7 days. Should it be necessary for telephone communication or reminders to be sent then accounting fees will be added. After due notice to our clients the matter will then be passed to our debt collection agency and further charges will be levied in respect of costs incurred in collecting the debt, production of reports, correspondence, court fees, attendance at court, phone calls, home visits etc. Any cheque returned by our Bank as unpaid, any credit card payment not honoured and any cash tendered that is found to be counterfeit will result in the original account being restored to the original sum with further charges added in respect of bank charges and administrative costs together with interest on the principal sum.
9. Once a client has been passed to debt management then all clinical files will be locked and that client will be requested to seek Veterinary attention elsewhere and will not be seen by any Practice that may be owned/controlled or in cooperation with this Practice.
10. Case records including all documents are the property of this Practice. The release of patient records will not be met until all monies owing to the Practice are met in full and then the records will only be released when requested in writing by the client or the client has signed a release form.
11. The Practice may release notes direct to the clients new Practice if we see fit. Request of release of patient records will in all cases be deemed to include all financial records if deemed important to release by our Practice. The level of release of this information to be determined by this Practice.
12. For OOH emergencies please ring your normal surgery number from where you will be directed to ring either our in house/outhouse OOH service provider.
13. The care given to your animal may involve making some specific investigations, for example taking x-rays, performing ultrasound scans or external laboratory investigations. Even though we make a charge for carrying out these investigations and interpreting their results, ownership of the resulting record, for example an x-ray film remains under practice ownership. If the Practice deems it necessary to release any document it will be direct to the referred Practice/laboratory under the explicit knowledge that it is to be returned to this Practice. This Practice may charge a fee for release & retrieval of the documents
14. In the case of referrals or external investigations, any charges made by the referral centre or laboratory will incur a charge that this Practice will pass onto the client. This charge will include all referral or second opinion charges, arrangement, postage & packaging, interpretation etc.
15. Attempts by us to contact you reference results are at our discretion and should not be relied upon. It is the responsibility of the owner to contact this Practice in all cases for pending results.
16. No passport/export certificates will be released to the client until the account is settled in full, this will include any charges for laboratory tests & examinations.
17. The Practice may for certain services & procedures request payment in advance.
18. Whilst this Practice will attempt to remind you of when your pet’s regular vaccination or flea and worm prevention is due, it is a courtesy service only, and must not be relied upon as the responsibility of continual protection of your pet rests with yourself.
19. This Practice supports the principal of insuring your pet against unexpected illness or accidents. Please ask a member of staff about the insurance that we promote as we do not promote every company and are therefore under FSA regulations not at liberty to discuss any other company’s insurance other than the company(s) actively promoted within the Practice
20. It is your responsibility to settle your Practice account and reclaim Veterinary Fees from your insurance company direct. It is your responsibility to ascertain what fees your insurance company will settle and what they will not, the Practice will accept no responsibility for ambiguity as to your own insurance company’s terms & conditions. A fee will be charged for the completion of insurance forms by the Practice on the client’s behalf. If the insurance form is filled out and the account is settled by the client immediately then the fee will be discounted, if the claim is made payable direct to the Practice only by prior agreement with the Practice then this fee will be higher. Any non claimable items, excesses and fees will be required to be settled at time of insurance form completion, a minimum payment will apply at this time which will be notified to you at the time of claim, irrespective of type of claim. Once the insurer has settled the claim any remaining fees are to be settled by the client immediately.
21. We hope that you never feel the recourse to make a complaint to the Practice about the standards of service received, however if you feel that there is something you need to raise complaint about this should be directed at first instance to the Managing Partner at the Practice address.
22. No addition or variation of these conditions will bind the Practice unless it is specifically agreed in writing and signed by one of the Partners. No agent or person employed by, or under contract with the company has the authority to alter or vary in any way these conditions.
23. The Practice does not accept the return of any form of medicine. Non medical products may be accepted in its original undamaged packaging. Any prescription, product or food ordered and not collected may incur a restocking charge.
24. Whilst the Practice endeavours to maintain accuracy in all the information that it disseminates, we cannot be held liable for inaccuracies contained in waiting room displays, handouts, telecasts or on its website or links to the website.
25. The Practice accepts no responsibility or liability for possessions of the clients left upon our premises. Leads, collars, baskets, blankets or other items will be disposed of if left with no instructions immediately upon receipt of a pet to the hospital; this applies to euthanasia and cremation.
26. Euthanasia and cremation fees must be settled at time of consultation.
27. Repeat prescriptions are available with 24 hours’ notice and can be done by telephone or in person at the surgery; prescriptions can be issued between 1-6 months depending on drug but cannot be issued further than 6 months without the animal being seen. For further terms and conditions please click here: Prescription Terms & Conditions